14 designs for women and men by Lisa Richardson using Rowan’s
Hemp Tweed .
Design Inspiration ...
The inspiration for the designs comes from the great outdoors
with garments that are wearable everyday pieces to suit all
ages ranging from tank tops, jackets simple sweaters and wraps.
Designs are suitable for the average knitter.
Techniques used ...
Using a variety of cables and textured stitches along with slip
stitch patterns for colour work.
Shot in the ‘New Forest’ the beauty of the landscape
and the autumnal colours enhance the rich palette of the ‘Hemp
• Is a true Aran weight
• Will knit to all past Aran patterns
• Is machine washable at 30C gentle
• A strong durable but comfortable natural fibre
• A modern take on a tweed yarn
• The nature of hemp fibres makes them more absorbent to
dyes and less prone to fading
• Hemp fabric is naturally more suitable to people with
• Will not stretch so holds its shape
• Superior insulation properties
• Perfect for outdoor wear
staff have had many years experience of working with Rowan
yarns. Rowan designs never date but sometimes the colours
and qualities that were once the original designs, have
to be substituted; we can advise on the nearest shades.